Contract A: Public Involvement
I-270/I-370 to MD 97
This segment of the project is approximately 7-1/4 miles long and will include the design and construction of interchanges of I-370, Shady Grove Road, the Shady Grove Metro Access Road, and MD 97 (Georgia Avenue) with the ICC.
February 2010 - Click here to view the Shady Grove Road interchange signs.
Community Outreach Efforts: Daffodils will bloom again!
Sixteen local volunteers gathered early Saturday morning on October 3, to help dig up daffodil bulbs along MD 97 (Georgia Avenue), just north of MD 28. A new bridge under construction will take the highway over the Intercounty Connector, but the lovely roadside display of daffodils, a favorite with the local citizens, will soon be gone. This soon to be missed colorful bouquet, prompted community leaders to ask SHA's ICC contractor to help them save the bulbs to replant elsewhere in the community. After numerous attempts to get the weather to cooperate, the bulb recovery went off without a hitch. Volunteers indicate that approximately 3000 to 4000 mature bulbs were harvested. Plans to plant them elsewhere in the community are underway.
Below: Local volunteers enjoy the fall weather and exercise as they harvest daffodil bulbs for future community beautification.
Sound Barrier Meetings
To see presentation materials from our Sound Barrier Meetings, please download the PDF files below:
- January 28, 2008 - Shady Grove Woods
- January 29, 2008 - Epsilon Drive/Rydal
- February 6, 2008 - Tupelo/Flatwood/Catalpa
- July 22, 2008 - Sycamore Acres
- July 24, 2008 - Preserve at Smalls Nursery
- September 22, 2008 - Norbeck Meadows
- January 13, 2009 - Cashell Estates
- May 26, 2009 - Winters Run
Design Open House Boards
To see presentation materials from our Design Open House, please:
As part of our research into the communities along the ICC corridor, we've identified the following homeowners associations as being within the limits of contract A. Please note, this is not a full and comprehensive list. We have included this information here to encourage your feedback to us on other HOAs for which we may not have contact information. If your HOA is not listed, please send us a comment with the name of the association and a contact person on the board so that we may contact them and arrange a meeting with your community.
- Avery Park Homeowners Association
- Brooke Manor Estates Homeowners Association
- Candlewood Park Homeowners Association
- Cashell Estates Homeowners Association
- Derwood Station Homeowners Association
- Flower Valle Citizens Association
- Greater Olney Civic Association
- Greater Shady Grove Civic Alliance
- Mill Creek South
- Norbeck Meadows Civic Association
- North Creek Civic Association
- Parkside Estates Civic Association
- Preserves at Smalls Nursery
- Redland Station Townhouse Association
- Rossmoor Leisure World
- Shady Grove Woods Homeowners Association
- Shady Grove Station Townhouse Association
- Sycamore Acres Homeowners Association
- Town of Washington Grove
- West End Citizens Association
- Winters Run Civic Association