ICC Proposed Tolling Plan
The proposed mileage rate ranges for the ICC are based on a traffic and revenue study conducted this year that took into account current economic conditions. Click here to download the study's Executive Summary. The entire report can be obtained by calling 1-866-847-7310.
Tolls on the ICC will be set based upon tolling parameters voted on and approved by the Authority Board Members. The tolling parameters that are currently under consideration are:
- Per-mile rate range (range used to set the actual toll rates);
- Pricing periods (peak and off-peak hours of day and days of week in which a mileage rate is in effect);
- The "rounding rule" (trip's toll is rounded up to the nearest nickel); and
- Minimum toll distance (# of miles multiplied by the mileage rate in effect).
The tolling parameters are part of a 60-day public comment process that start with the proposed tolling plan announcement of September 23, 2009. The MDTA would like to receive public comments on these four parameters. The formal comment period closes at 5:00 pm on Monday, November 23, 2009.
- Per-mile rate range for the peak period is $0.25 - $0.35
- Per-mile rate range for the off-peak period is $0.20 - $0.30
- Peak Period is 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. Monday - Friday (excluding Federal Holidays)
- Rounding Rule is rounding the trip's toll up to the nearest nickel
- Minimum toll distance is the vehicle axle toll rate multiplied by 3 miles
The proposed toll schedule for public comment:
|PRICING PERIOD||MILEAGE RATE RANGE|
6AM – 9AM and 4PM– 7PM;
Monday – Friday
(except federal holidays)
|$0.25 – $0.35||$0.75 – $1.05||$1.13 – $1.58||$1.50 – $2.10||$1.88 – $2.63|
All other Times
|$0.20 – $0.30||$0.60 – $0.90||$0.90 – $1.35||$1.20 – $1.80||$1.50 – $2.25|
- Rounding Rule - round up to the nearest nickel
- Minimum Toll - 3 miles
Truck (Multi-axle vehicle) rate calculation
1 3 axle = 3.0 x base rate
2 4 axle = 4.5 x base rate
3 5 axle = 6.0 x base rate
4 6 axle = 7.5 x base rate
Once the MDTA Board approves the parameters, the actual toll rates are set by MDTA's Executive Secretary. The tolls rates will be adjusted periodically within the approved parameters to manage congestion and meet revenue goals. A 10-day notice will be provided for all toll rate changes.
Click here for notice for public comment flyer.
Click here for a downloadable pdf of the 10/19 and 10/21/09 MDTA Open House displays.